With SIMAGENA, the Paris International Agribusiness Show SIMA brings together farmers and breeders from all over the world in one location. And for the first time, in response to high demand from the sector, the exhibition is organising a “Livestock Day” within SIMAGENA. This special event is designed to be a blend of business, meetings and insight into the major issues of the future.
THE EUROPEAN BOVINE GENETICS SHOW
SIMAGENA is the meeting place for French and international professionals working in cattle breeding and genetics. Concentrated in a single location, it presents a broad and exhaustive offering, ranging from machinery to husbandry, coherently curating the innovations from these sectors. In recent years, this event has become a leading point of reference for French and European firms involved in genetic selection and sire export. SIMAGENA is today renowned for the wide variety of its cattle and the wealth of its genetic hub.
A NEW HIGHLIGHT: LIVESTOCK DAY
In a new development for 2019, on Wednesday 27 February, during the show, SIMA will be holding a Livestock Day. This new feature will bring together a number of highlights offering professionals from all over the world the chance to meet up and exchange:
• Open-shows with a revised, modern and convivial format, presented by well-known international judges;
• A round table on the theme “How AgTech increases breeding profitability”, organised in association with agrIdées and INRA;
• International auctions (hosted by KBS Genetic, Beauvallet Plainmaison and Gènes Diffusion), in the presence of breeders from several European Union countries. These auctions are long-standing attractions at SIMAGENA, and are lively events (sales of Charolaise, Holstein heifers, Simbeef sire auctions, Limousine cows and heifers, etc.) where bids rise to very high levels.
"Within SIMAGENA which has already existed for many years, this new day on Wednesday 27 February dedicated specifically to livestock will be an opportunity to highlight the contribution of agricultural machinery to the competitivity of breeding farms, the improvement of breeders’ working conditions and the best practices for the well-being of animals,” says Frédéric Martin, Chairman of AXEMA and SIMA.
SIMAGENA INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLUB
In parallel, the SIMAGENA International Business Club, a venue for meetings and business, will play host to all SIMAGENA exhibitors and all the visiting foreign delegations. Over the 5 days of the show, animal husbandry students will be on hand to welcome these international delegations, organise specific presentations on request and take them on guided tours.
TRIBUTES TO LIVESTOCK IN THE SIMA INNOVATION AWARDS
The winners of the SIMA Innovation Awards were announced on 22 November. Among the 27 medal winners distinguished at the ceremony, three offer solutions specific to livestock breeding:
• Fourrage lib by Beiser Environnement (Bronze medal), a feeding rack with a galvanised trough, trailer-mounted rain protection and connected weighing
• Wide gate with Surlock by Jourdain (Bronze medal), an automatic two-way gate locking device;
• Lavicole by Rabaud (Bronze medal), a remote-controlled poultry shed pressure washer.